Neighbourhood Conversations as a response to covid pandemic
Voluntary sector organisations, including many Connect Hackney partners, and local public services are working on a Neighbourhood basis to deliver local responses to Covid-19.
Online Neighbourhood conversation are taking place in each of the eight Neighbourhoods in Hackney.
In each Neighbourhood voluntary organisations host the online Conversation and invite local VCS organisations, the council, the NHS, the volunteer centre, tenants’ leaders, volunteer groups and councillors to take part.
The conversations have a number of key aims:
- To build connections between everyone, so they know what each other is doing in response to Covid-19 and opportunities to work better together
- be kept up to date with current information and guidance to help organisations deliver support on the ‘frontline’
- be offered an opportunity to escalate any ‘blockers’ or issues and build a sense of what is happening on the ground that can be shared with Hackney Council, the NHS and Hackney CVS.
- Which Neighbourhood am I in?
For organisations that deliver across Hackney we suggest that you choose one conversation to join. Click here for the Neighbourhoods map.
When are Neighbourhood Conversations taking place?
These now happen on a monthly basis for a formal meeting of each of the eight neighbourhoods, and with an informal meeting also taking place.
What are the Neighbourhood areas?
• Clissold Park Neighbourhood
• Hackney Downs
• Hackney Marshes
• London Fields
• Shoreditch Park & City
• Well Street Common
• Springfield Park,
• Woodberry Wetlands
Many of the Connect Hackney partners – including MRS Independent Living, and the Shoreditch Trust – have taken key roles in leading the Neighbourhooods.How do I join one of the Conversations?
All Neighbourhood Conversations will be video conference Zoom calls. If you have not used this before, we can help you. If you are interested in taking part, or would like more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information email Katie, Neighbourhoods Voluntary Sector Programme Manager: email@example.com.