Local vaccination events – Coronavirus vaccination rollout
Community groups across Hackney are running pop-up walk-in clinics for those over 18 who need their first dose and those who need their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. To guarantee your appointment please ring 0208 356 3111. Walk-ins are available subject to availability.
- Pembury Community Centre Atkins Square E8 1FA – Saturday 3 July 12-4pm and Sunday 4 July 12-4pm
- Halkevi Community Centre Dalston Lane E8 3DF – Wednesday 7 July 10.30am-2.30pm
- Hindle House Community Centre Arcola Street E8 2DZ – Saturday 10 July 12-4pm
- Ridley Road Market Ridley Road E8 2NH – Wednesday 14 July 10am-2pm
- St Thomas Moore Church 9 Henry Road N4 2LH – Friday 16 July, 10am-2pm and Tuesday 20 July 10am-2pm
- Woodberry Down , N4 1SN – Wednesday 21 July 10am-2pm
- Clissold Park House Church Street N16 9HJ – Saturday 24 July 11am-3pm
- Uprising Community The Ark Suite, Cricketfield Road E5 8NS – Monday 26 July 11am-3pm
There are currently four safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
They have been through rigorous clinical trials, tested on people worldwide and have finally been approved by the British Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Thousands of people across Hackney have already been vaccinated, and over 200 million people across the world have now safely received a vaccine.
You’ll be contacted by the NHS when it’s your turn – either by letter or by a phone call from your GP to book your appointment. Click here for details.
What you can do now
if you’ve been invited to receive the vaccine, please book your appointment as soon as possible
if you’re 18 or over you can now book your appointment
be aware of scams – the NHS will never ask you for your bank details
make sure any information you share about the vaccine comes from a trusted source such as www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
ensure you attend your second dose appointment to be fully protected from coronavirus
Health and social staff and carers
- frontline health and social care staff and employers (as defined by NHS guidance) working in Hackney who have not been contacted about booking a vaccination should email ASCcovid19vaccine@hackney.gov.uk with their details
- if you are a carer employed via direct payments, contact us on email@example.com or 020 8356 2354 to receive a coronavirus vaccination request form. You can also register as a carer with your GP to receive the vaccine
Local vaccination events
As well as booking a vaccination appointment through the national NHS booking system, you can also attend a local vaccination event:
St Leonard’s Hospital, Hoxton, 10am-3pm
Thursday 1 July
For first doses and second doses of Pfizer. Call 020 8356 3111 to book your appointment. Walk-ins accepted after 2.30pm.
Watch local Hackney GP Dr Opat get his coronavirus vaccination